Monday, October 20, 2008

Really Tired

I tend to lean toward the dramatic side. I'm just saying that first, so that when I write this next thing, you'll know to factor in the dramatics.

I am so tired. Andy is sick or teething or possessed or something, and he wakes up at three or four and will not WILL NOT go back to sleep unless I am holding him in my arms. Or STAY asleep, which means I place him, sleeping, in his crib, and he is screaming by the time I am halfway out of the room.

I can't concentrate on anything. My mind wanders during conversations. I walk across the room and forget what I need. And frighteningly, I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention while driving the car.

More than anything, I am so incredibly bored and frustrated with laundry, and cooking, and shopping, and doing dishes, and getting the kids into the car seats and out of the car seats and making sure everyone has shoes, and finding the shoes, and putting them of feet, and convincing small boys to wear jackets when common sense says they should actually be wearing hats and gloves, too.

There are a billion things I want to be doing and need to be planning, but I can't seem to get everything in there. Sometimes I honestly think I'm loosing my mind.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Kathleen, you need to sleep. Hire a short term babysitter/nanny type figure for the afternoon or pay a highschool kid to do your groceries and other errands that involve driving.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, no. You have the Fall Fallsy Lacka-Sleep-tho-I-Wanna. It affects all mothers of small children, especially at this time of year when most everything goes on inside the house. The kids look to you for everything, the house needs taking care of, the pets want their due & even other grownups need tending & all of them are just a little bit whiny or maybe you are. The cure is visiting GranMa & GranPa. You bring them babies here!

mbean said...

Seriously, lady. at least hire someone to give you an hour or two's peace in the afternoon. who can also do laundry. and cook... because you work way too hard. (and you don't even get a paycheck!)

If I lived near you I would so do your laundry. every day. and I would make you pie. that's right. pie.