Thursday, October 30, 2008

Photos Tomorrow!

I made the boys Wall-E costumes, and I will take pictures and post them tomorrow. I promise.

It really is hard to stop and take pictures. Although I took a couple today of Nate painting a pumpkin while I chopped up my own.

I have never been good at carving pumpkins. I am not that great an artist, and I'm not that great with knives. Add the two together and it's like asking for a finger without a hand. This year I drew what I took to be a reasonable face on our pumpkin. However, moments into my carving, I realized I had both eyes reaching up to where I cut off the top, as well as meeting at a point in the middle. Which meant that, by carving my eyes, I was also carving out the triangle separating them. So I tried to erase the eyes. Unfortunately, I had used permanent marker. So instead I just drew my new lines over the old ones, and while I was at it I fixed the mouth. When I finished carving it looked OK, but the lines all over made it look really... odd. I turned the extra space above into eyebrows. But I needed have worried. In the dark it looks fine.

No comments: