Friday, August 07, 2009

Diego In Tennessee

This trip to Franklin I noticed that the playground we visit has a trail leading to a civil war fort. Or at least the place on the hill where the civil war fort once stood. And a trench around it. And since I was curious, I forced Jamie and the boys to go hiking with me one morning, in between rainstorms. It was very, very wet and muddy, and also very humid. After about ten steps into the woods Nathan practically shouted "This must be the rainforest!"

I managed to ruin my sneakers by getting them so soaked they didn't dry for four days.

It wasn't too long a hike, but it was so wet and such an ordeal getting the boys to walk without falling or bumping or pushing that we were exhausted. I took off my sneakers and we let the boys play at the playground until we just couldn't stand it anymore and piled them into the car so we could go to lunch.

Only we then checked the clock and discovered it was only 9:45. AM.

1 comment:

g. fox said...

what fun!

and yes, that ingrown toe was the most painful thing I think my foot has ever experienced. I don't know if your mom reads my blog... I'd guess no?