Thursday, August 06, 2009

New Things

Over five years ago, when Lillian offered to purchase our crib, I chose one that could be changed to a toddler bed. How ideal, I thought. Although I had no idea when that transition would take place. How long does a child stay in a crib? I guess the answer is... it depends. At least according to our pediatrician. Some children stay in their cribs until they are past 3 years old. These must be the same kids who learn to climb stairs at age four and sit in strollers until they are six. But my kids usually climb out somewhere at 18 months, and while this doesn't mean I HAVE to get them out of the crib, the threat of small broken limbs is definitely a motivator.

But in our house, there was usually another baby on the way at this point. So both Nick and Nate went right to big boy beds. Nobody knew how much use that crib would actually get.

Today, for the first time, the crib was reconfigured into a toddler bed. Not that it will keep him in or out - I'll still wake up at 2am to find him next to me. But it will keep him a little bit safer. And Andy, who is very happy and maybe even proud, is sleeping there as I type.

Also, I think I left the battery charger to my camera battery in Tennessee, so until I can order a new one and recharge, you'll be getting whatever I have.

No comments: