Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good Intentions

I mean to do well.

Each day, when I wake up, I set out to do what I say I will do. I will not take shortcuts. I will make the kids drink their milk. I will remember to check off their chores on the chore chart. I will not only put laundry in the machine, but I will take it out and hang it up to dry. And then I will fold it. And then I will put it away.

I will make Nicholas practice piano. I will make the kids pick up their toys when they are done with them. I will not let my kids have screen time before it is screen time, not even if they are fussing and whining and asking for juice every three minutes.

I will call the folks I have been meaning to call, and email the friends I have been meaning to email, and make all doctor's appointments and car appointments and pet appointments that I need to make, and I will remember not only to pick up the dry-cleaning, but drop of the dirty stuff as well.

At the end of the day, I am usually disappointed.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, welcome to life. I've been meaning to clean my apt for 18 months. I get up every day, don't go to work, don't have kids, don't have pets or a car, but still am disappointed at the end of the day that my apt is not clean!!! I think you are doing a great job...esp compared to me.