Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last Day Of Gymnastics

I didn't take pictures of the gymnastics recital, even though mobs of parents and grandparents and aunts, uncles, and cousins were elbowing each other out of the way to do just that. Why? Well, this is the fourth year of gymnastics for us, and I have hundreds of photos of the inside of the gym, spotted with images of children so small they look like ants.

The fact is, the photos and the videos don't do the kids justice. But the look of pride on the kids' faces when they stand there with their trophy? That is worth capturing.

For the record, Andy was unable to do gymnastics for weeks because of his collarbone. But since his sling is off, I sent him down for the recital. The teacher was careful with him, and didn't let him hang from his arms, which frustrated him. She would hold him, taking his weight, and he was yelling at her to "let me go! I can do it! let me go!"

But he got his trophy!


2 comments:

Jean said...

This is great!!! Andy looks so proud and happy.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hooray Andy, Nate & Nick! Good for you!