Monday, August 15, 2011

End Of The Summer?

You might not know this about me, but I tend to look forward and plan a few weeks in advance. It's a blessing and a curse.

In this case, I was writing things down in my planner, and realized I was a week into the start of school.

That's right, folks. Summer is over.

Remember when you were a kid and it stretched out into endless days where you'd go out and roll in the grass and the hours would go by so slowly you could hardly stand it? And then, when school finally picked up again, it would be odd and scary, because it had been such a long time. It would be like returning to a place you'd visited long ago, but weren't familiar with anymore.

And now summer is more like a rest stop between the towns of Spring and Fall.

OK, that was an awful metaphor, but you know what I mean. It was too short, and I need another two weeks!

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! That is some water park! The boys look like they are having the time of their lives!