Friday, August 12, 2011

Time Change

The first week back from Europe is like sleepwalking through life. I would forget what day it was while I was looking at my planner, and twice I found myself at the grocery store and couldn't remember if it was morning or afternoon.

The first night of sleep is so disorienting. Both Steve and I woke in the middle of the night, thinking we were in France. It would have been better if I had remembered where I was before geting up to use the bathroom and tripping over the dog.

But it's been almost 2 weeks, and we're way over it by now. The boys are getting to bed later and later, as am I. And I have once again started to set my alarm or I'll sleep past my workout time in the morning.

The worst part is, the mornings are getting darker and darker. And colder.

Our heat turned on last night. We're going to have to start closing up the windows.

1 comment:

Debs said...

One thing I noticed when I came to Tx for 3 months is that I never managed to sleep in longer than 8am and mostly it was 7am (now of course, with Sophia, that seems a luxury!)
When I came home again, however, it was really hard getting up before the afternoon.