Saturday, December 10, 2011

Breathe

There is so much to do I absolutely cannot stand it.

In fact, there is so much to do that I started out this post making a list of those things, but I kept thinking of things. The list got so long, and I started to hyperventilate and panic. So I stopped listing.

It wouldn't be so very bad, actually. I enjoy a challenge. Sometimes. I survived the Strawberry Fiasco. I can go from 5:30 to 8:30 without a major disaster and only an hour-long nap. I should be able to find time to shop, wrap, hide gifts, decorate, and bake, while also attending holiday concerts and parties, sending cookies in for parties, arranging playdates, and going to special holiday events. It's just doing this while maintaining a stable day to day schedule, making sure the boys are fed and do their homework, making sure little snoops don't find hidden hidden items... taking the cat to the vet, keeping frank from eating puck's food, cleaning up yet another bowl of grapes that puck knocked to the ground and shattered all over our floor....

I should find time for some meditating. Only I can't. The whole time I'd be thinking of the holiday cards I should be addressing.

See, some people are good at managing these things. I am not. I really do need to run around like a headless chicken until everything is done. And it WILL get done.

And now I'm going to go do it.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Send e-cards to everyone this year. No stamps to by & no running to the postbox! Now check that one off your list -- no more paper cards!

Kathleen said...

No. I will send paper cards. Because most people I send the cards to I don't have email addresses for. And because I love getting them in the mail.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, me too. But I am saving the 45 cents per card to put toward your Christmas present. So don't be surprised when you get my ecard!