Saturday, December 03, 2011

Fitting It In



I really want to see this movie!

It seems simple, really. Place the children in the car, drive to the movie, purchase tickets and popcorn, enjoy film!

But there's so much more to it.

Actually there isn't. It would be very easy to just do that. It's just that there are also so many OTHER things I have to do, also. And doing one thing means I'm neglecting thirteen others.

Our schedule is pretty full on a day to day basis. We have school and karate lessons. On weekends we have church on Sundays. We have birthday parties to go to and a birthday party to throw. The party at our house means I need to restore some sort of order to the belongings that seem to appear in odd places all over our home. In the meantime I need to shop for a number of people, and many of those people are stubbornly difficult to shop for and refuse to forward me any kind of a wish list.

I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants, here.

All of this business, all of the craziness and the to-do listing, only makes me more determined to take the boys to see the movie. WHY? you ask. BECAUSE, I reply, this time of year shouldn't be about the billion things we have to do. It should be about the time we spend with people we love.

So There!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hey! I want to go to that movie too! I was going to use the kids as an excuse to see it myself!

Debs said...

Does sound like a fun film, just not sure i can fit it in before I give birth to this baby!