Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's Not Stolen... It's Put Away

(words from this post are taken directly from Dr. Suess's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Only out of order and with a few changed pronouns. Also, I added a few lines so that it changes the context. If you haven;t read this book, then you should crawl out from under the rock you're living under and go and read it. It's cute. The movie has very little to do with it.)


It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
It came without packages, boxes or bags!

OK, I admit, it came with a few
Of the Who-sits, and What-sits, and thing-a-bobs, too.

A few weeks ago I determined to stop it.
Any more toys in this house would just... pop it.


Maybe Christmas - I thought - doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!

And despite all my efforts, we got all the junk
and the stuff and the things Santa sent us, The Punk.

A less stubborn person than I might be sad
But I'm going to enjoy this holiday. Too bad!

We have so much to be grateful for
And I'm going to stop lest I become a bore.

I HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Day, full of Peace, Joy, Hope, and Love.

And music and cake.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

No cake yesterday, but definitely cake today! Wish you were here. x0x0x