Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Day Before Christmas

I forgot to post yesterday. The day just got away from me. But I do have a lot to say. A LOT!

First of all, we decorated a gingerbread house and a gingerbread train. These pre-fab things are more complicated than they look. I always have the worst time getting the things to actually stand up. I had to use a box inside the house and alphabet blocks for the trains. One got stuck in the train. You can kind of see it in the picture if you look. Also, this is the first year that, after constructing the frames, I let the boys decorate all by themselves. Thoughts?


This year I made the boys buy their own presents. Not the ones they GET, the ones they give. So you may be getting some... er... pretty odd things. They did most of their shopping at the Church Holiday Sale, where the Youth Group set up tables of donate items, sell them for very reasonable prices, and the proceeds go to something... heat relief or hunger or something. I donated a basket full of items. Half of these items my kids purchased back.

Many of the gifts are already under the tree. These are gifts from my sister Emily and gifts the boys are giving. It reminds me of being a kid - days before Christmas it looks like Santa has already been here.

Finally, I heard a new holiday song yesterday. It's The 12 Days of Christmas. I KNOW! How awful. There are only 3 billion versions of this song. But this one is different. First off, it's The Boston Pops, and it's just so very different. I tried to find it on iTunes, but I couldn't. The version there was this boring John Williams one. This is a new one. It's really funny! Especially if you're a music lover. I had to go to the BSO site and download it, but maybe there's a different way to give it a listen.

I'll post tomorrow to give an official Merry Christmas, but just in case you won't check in.... Merry Christmas to All!


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ummm, I have question about the decorating. Are those crack smoking gingerbread snowmen outside the house? I only ask because they seem to be staggering & there's a cigarette lighter there right behind that bowl of plums, which is where I believe they were smoking the illegal weed or powder or banana peels. How did your kids find out about that? But all in all, good job on the decorating!