Monday, February 20, 2006


Last night Nicholas went to sleep in his very own big boy bed. There were no tears. There was no fighting. He only got out once and waved good night to me from the baby gate at his doorway. I told him to go back to bed and that I'd be in soon to sit in the chair while he fell asleep. He said something I couldn't quite understand and when I peeked back in the room he was in bed with his note book - a pocket sized composition book he clings to like a security blanket. The next time I checked on him it was stuck to his cheek and he was asleep.

Of course, I still couldn't get him to nap there. I read him a story this afternoon, hoping things would go smoothly, but when I got up to leave he got up with me, and ran over to his crib with one of his stuffed animals. Obviously he likes it better there.

I'm hoping tonight he sleeps just as well. Then the only huge issue I'll have (bed-wise) is getting him to fall asleep there for his naps... And hoping he doesn't throw a mega fit when Nathan starts sleeping in the crib.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Alseep in the big boy bed! Congratulations to you & to Nicky too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't even notice when little Nate goes in there.

Jamie said...

that's a huge rite of passage. congratulations! though gotta say it almost makes me sad.