Thursday, February 16, 2006


This is proof that they don't sleep at the same time. One sleeping, one awake. It's how it goes.

Today I took the boys to the bookstore, as I had a few gift certificate dollars to spend and had run out of fresh reading material at home. We spent a few minutes navigating Nathan in the gigantic Graco stroller through the store when one of the ladies who worked there let us know it was Story Time at 10am!

Hooray! Story Time! What Luck! And it was only 30 minutes away. I can easily spend 30 minutes in a bookstore.

5 minutes later I had seven books stuffed in the stroller with Nate. I realized that I had already used up any gift certificate money that I had, and that each new book was going to cost me. So I turned the stroller around and headed off to the children's section, when at least Nicholas could have a good time reading books and playing with the trains.

Nicholas spent a few moments looking at books and pulling other books he wasn't looking at off the shelves. Then he began climbing on the benches set up for Story Time. I tried coaxing him back to the books, pointing out Elmo, Trucks, anything that might get his attention and make him forget about the gymnastics he was doing.

Nick is stubborn He insisted on jumping on and off the benches AND on climbing onto the little stange area where the lady would be reading stories. I spent fifteen minutes acting like a crazy lady as I tried to get Nick to settle down. Finally the lady came out and sat down. She began reading and I began to relax. Now Nick would settle down and listen to the stories.

Nick didn't settle down. not remotely. In fact, he kept screming and whining and making so much noise that I had to remove him from Story Time. He wasn't interested in the stories, or the songs, he was interested in the steps leading up to the lady and in jumping up and down on the stage.

So we spent 30 minutes waiting for Story Time and 2 minutes AT Story Time.

And when we got home he was sleeping.

Nate, however, slept the whole time and woke up only when we got home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See! I told you they would gang up on you & they've already started. One sleeps while the other remains vigilant!! They're plotting to take over!!! Don't drop your guard!