Monday, February 27, 2006


Today I was sure Nicholas would fall asleep in his big bed at nap time. I put all his toys out of reach and gated the door to his closet. I pu the diapers, the wipes, and the trash bin on top of the changing table so he couldn't reach it. I made sure there would be nothing fun, NOTHING FUN AT ALL in his room to distract him from the sleepy state of after nap and story drowsiness...

And as I was putting Nate down to sleep, I heard noises. They weren't loud, but they weren't sleep noises.

You know, I read somewhere at some point that it's a good idea to put your toddler's clothes in the lower drawers so that he can get his own clothing. It's supposed to be good for self esteem,

Well, when I walked into his room he was shoving the very last items of clean clothes into his very full laudry hamper, which was full of his clean clothes. Clean clothing I had previously washed and folded and placed into his dresser. And he decided it would be great to put them in his hamper. I can't get him to put his dirtly clothes into the hamper. I can't get his DAD to put dirty clothes in the hamper. I can't even get Nick to put his stuffed animals into the stuffed animal bin. But clean clothes from the dresser and into the hamper for no reason except that mommy took away all the fun things to do? Yeah.

If anyone has any clues on how to get this kid to start drifting off in the big bed, I'm all ears. Really.

ALSO - please notice the two new blogs I have linked to! They are both really funny and worth a read.

4 comments:

LARISSA said...

Why does he need to nap in his big boy bed? I don't remember me or my brother napping in our beds. We used to nap in our den because that was where the stereo was and we could listen to Puff the Magic Dragon and Sesame Street Fever. And as a result, both of us loved napping!

Kathleen said...

It's not that he NEEDS to nap in his bed. It's just that - up to now, the only place I could get him to nap (on a regular basis - besides the car) was the crib.
And now I'm trying to make the crib belong to kid #2, aka. Nathan. And I feel that Nicholas will see it as "HIS" bed as long as I'm putting him to nap there.
I HAVE put Nate in the crib, and Nick tries to climb in there with him.

Debs said...

I have no idea. All the kids I've ever looked after were generally ok at staying in bed. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Think I was just feeling a bit tired and rejected! Things are looking up today though. Hope you get things sorted soon too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Look how cute his little stripedy bottom is!