Saturday, February 25, 2006


My brother Jamie called me yesterday.

For those of you who haven't heard, my brother Jamie is in Thailand for the next few months teaching English to Thai children in a rural village. So a phone call from him is a VERY big deal.

Jamie has his own Blog and there is a link to it here - see "THAILAND 2006" under the link section. He doesn't post as often as I do, but let's faceit: his blog is MUCH more interesting than mine, primarily because he is a good looking, idealistic, single guy with a good sense of humor living in Thailand, and I am a strange married mother of two who stays at home with my kids. You can read about thrush, naps, and shopping for a cooktop stove, or you can read about his adventures as he tries to teach these kids to read, write, and speak english, all while learning to navigate the unfamiliar culture.

Jamie is really a great person, and I miss him a lot. I'm so glad he called!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I love that picture of Jamie with glowing red eyes dangling your first-born over a hardwood floor!!! Please send a copy ASAP!!