Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Beauty Rest


The first round of Nick's antibiotics was a failure. But yesterday I started him on the pink stuff, and within four hours he was playing again. It was nothing short of miraculous seeing him actually get up off the couch. The pink stuff works, people!

Nick's ear is still visibly swollen. It's sticking out, giving him a very elf-like appearance. And he is still in pain, or I assume he is, since he still cired half the night. I slept with him in "Linda's Bed." (apparently the bed belongs to whoever was there last.) The worst thing was that I could swear his ear was emitting a smell like rotting eggs.

I'm also worried that Nate might develop him own ear infection. I didn't think they spread that way, but he's been crying a lot at night, fidgiting, not letting me hold him... and yesterday Steve said he was clutching his ear...

And yes, this is a picture of Nate falling asleep at the table. He screams like a banchee whenever I try to put him in his crib, but the dinner table? Great place for a nap!

Can this be over, please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, purr-fect! As long as he doesn't fall alseep with his face in his food! I think it's a picture of all of us round the Thanksgiving table -- just thinking of it makes me sad that you won't be here!

Debs said...

We've got photos of me, when I was a baby, falling asleep in my dinner. Apparently I didn't like naps either.
I wish you all well.

LARISSA said...

How cute, Nate's first FOOD COMA!!