Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just Hangin

Yesterday I took the bassinette, the swing we no longer use, the jumper swing we no longer use, the play yard Nathan won't stand to be in but Nicholas climbs in and out of as if it were an Olympic event, and the infant car seat Nate grew out of months ago... I took ALL of these, and I put then in storage.

Most of these things have been out and about since Nick was born. Nick used them longer than Nathan, and then I didn't bother putting them away, knowing there would be a new baby to use them. So this is the first time I put them in storage.

It's a little sad, putting away all those things, thinking about how fat babies turn into kids and how quickly they will turn into teenagers who will break curfew and talk back and wreck my car. But on the other hand, our house seems a lot bigger without huge baby stuff everywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look! You moved out so much stuff, the kids don't have any where to sit, nap or any furniture at all -- they are reduced to sprawling on the floor! At least give them a soft rug to lay on!!

Kathleen said...

No! No furniture for THEM!