Monday, September 11, 2006

The Plot Against Me Thickens

Remember how I posted yesterday about the mysterious fever? And how it went really high but I didn't mention anything about a cold, or the flu, or anything specific like that?

Now, remember way back when I posted about Hand, Foot, and Mouth?

Yeah.

Yesterday I noticed a light rash on Nick's tummy and back. And I know that Tummy and Back are not mentioned anywhere in the name "Hand, Foot, and Mouth," but I should also mention that when Nick got Hand Foot and Mouth it began with a light rash on his tummy which then spread to his hands and feet and became blisters.

I don't know for sure if this is what the boys have, but it sure looks like it to me so far. I have no idea if Nick 'Still Has It' or 'Has It Again' - see the difference? And I have no idea how long I have to keep them cooped up (AGAIN) before I can let them out, get Nick back to school (AGHHH!) and resume living a normal life. Although we seem to be sick so much that this may as well be declared normal, huh?

Right now Nick has no fever but is whining and I want nothing more than to hand him off to school for a few hours. Nathan has a fever but cries unless he is sleeping, and he won't sleep if I put him down anywhere and yeah I should also mention that he doesn't actually WANT to sleep, so when I start rocking him he responds by screaming and kicking me in the gut.

4 comments:

Debs said...

Oh poor you, and poor boys. I hope everyone's feeling a lot better soon. Oh, and just wanted to say that I love the patchwork quilt in this picture (The boys look lovely too!). Did you make it or what? Just wondered cos I like making patchwork, although I'm not so good at making all the seams join up in the right places (so that they match beautifully).

Anonymous said...

Ack! Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease! Yuk! Not again! You must be just about out of your mind!

Kathleen said...

I WISH I had made this quilt. I love quilting but I am foiled repeatedly by time and and my machine which snaps my thread no matter what and finally by talent and measuring and stuff.
I almost just took this quilt, but then I didn't.

Anonymous said...

I hope these little dolls are feeling better. They are tooooooo sweet for words.

Just loving all the great pics