Thursday, September 14, 2006

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana?


Yesterday, while Nick was in school, I went grocery shopping with only Nathan. This is kind of like walking around after taking a cast off a limb. I wasn't actually floating, but I had so much less to deal with than I usually did that I felt like I might soon be having tea on the ceiling.

I got Clementines. Those tiny, not-quite-oranges. Last year I kept trying to feed them to Nick, and he would have nothing to do with them. But now he loves them.

This morning I asked if he wanted banana, and he showed me the clementine he had already taken from the fruit bowl, with bite marks in the peel. "Mommy cut it up?" He asked.

2 comments:

Debs said...

This reminds of the little boy whose house I visited this morning. He was offered various healthy snacks for elevenses which he refused before saying (in a very hopeful voice), "Do you want a biscuit? Yes please Mummy".

Anonymous said...

O my darlin', O my darlin, O my darlin Clementine! Mmmmm-mmmmm