Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day 8 - still stranded on island of the ill


Here's a picture of Nicholas holding Steve hostage on the couch, using his superhuman strength to keep a stranglehold on his father's throat...

Actually, Nicholas is still not feeling great... still not sleeping through the night, despite the fact that I have spent all my fun money on Tylonol and only leave the house to purchase necessities... like food or chocolate or tylonol.

The boys are actually getting better. They are just taking their time with it. I am sleep deprived and over caffinated. Our brains have turned to jam because of the TV we've been watching. We've read the Blue's Clues book we got at the library so many times I no longer need to look at the words.

The sad part is, these past few days have been beautiful and sunny, if a bit windy. I'm staring out the window wishing we could enjoy the weather, knowing that soon it will be too wet, too snowy, and too wintery to run around. Going outside will mean snowsuits, boots, mittens, ang getting so wet we'll need to change clothes when we come back inside after 4 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathleen,

I hope they'll start to feel better soon so you can all get the rest you need. I remember so well the days of the "old pink medicine." It does work, although now there's the big controversy about letting ear infections clear up without it -- I'm not so sure.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I am soooooo enjoying the pictures of your very adorable boys.

Jamie said...

haven't had the chance to check in a while. thank you for the birthday wishes!! I really hope Nick and Nate's ears fell 100% today! I'll see you very soon!

Debs said...

Jamie wants their ears to fall off? I suppose that might be a solution. Seriously though, I hope everyone's feeling much better.