Friday, September 15, 2006


I had to think before posting today. I was going to post about discovering The Discovery Stop, an indoor playground we went to yesterday which both boys LOVED. It has a huge indoor climbing structure, a toddler area where Nate can crawl around and over and through things, and tons of other things as well. I saw it and the winter suddenly looked a lot less claustrophobic.

But then I thought, who really cares? Do you guys have kids and live within 10 miles of here? No? Then you probably will not ever go to the Discovery Stop.

So instead I will quickly recap the conversation we had last night at dinner. We were discussing whose hair Nicholas got. I said he got Steve's color, but my texture. Steve disagreed. He said Nick's hair was soft, and said my hiar was kind of.. well, like a brillo pad. "His hair resembles my lovely tresses," He said.

For the record, The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, which is the definitive word for every Scrabble game we've ever played, defines a "tress" as "A long lock of hair."

Steve: I have tresses. You have stubble on your head.

But I love you anyway.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Let's hope the wind doesn't change making him stay like that.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, but in Scrabble one does not have to DEFINE the word, just use it & get it by your opponent!