Thursday, September 07, 2006

Off to NY... again


We're off to NY again today. So far today has been nothing but a flock of bad omens. Nick spent the first two hours of the day crying. During that time Nate managed to bump his head on the wall twice. I'm trying to get everyone packed and ready and not forget anything like diapers or pants or the baby, but it's hard when one kid is screaming and the other is also screaming but also trying to climb up your body, so that if you move he will fall and hit his head on the door or the floor or on whatever object happens to be sharpest and hardest.

But just like Bob said, Baby Steps. Baby Steps to pack the bag. Baby steps to unload and reload the dishwasher. Babys teps to clean the car of all the crumbs from our last trip. Baby steps to get everyone IN the car.... and sometime in there drive Steve to a place he needs to be.... This is the trouble, I haven't gotten it all figured out yet.

I'll post from the city.

4 comments:

Lou said...

Don't you guys have like ten cars? Tell Steve you cannot recreate "Driving Miss Daisy" today. Have fun in New York!

Debs said...

I hope you got everything packed up and sorted out in time. Have a great trip.

Debs said...

That little face gets me everytime I check back to see if you've posted anymore. It's a sort of, well I can't really describe, but my heart goes out every time I see it. I'm assuming it's Nate btw.
I hope you're having a great time.

Jamie said...

Potato looks so sad to be going to New York.