Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chaos Theory


Here's a picture of Mary Claire, showing us all how to REALLY take care of a baby.

Other than the frantic travel stories, our trip to Franklin was really very good. We spent one day at the house and Luana came over with her boys - Lucas, who is Nick's age, and Marcus, who is 6 weeks old, pictured here with Mary. We also had a visit from this little girl named Maya, almost 2. The house was packed full of babies and old people. It was actually quite funny!

The busiest part of that day was when I decided to give the boys a bath before dinner. Lucas came into the room. Then Nathan slipped and bit his tongue. (He's not used to his teeth yet.) Blood started pouring out of his mouth. I picked him up to comfort him, and just then my Aunt Betty came in to tell me Steve was on the phone. I asked her to stay with Nick and darted down the stairs, blood pouring from Nate onto my white T-shirt. But by the time I came downstairs, they had already told him I'd call him back.

Back in the bathroom, my Aunt Betty was drying off Nick and trying to get his diaper on. Lucas was chewing on Nick's toothbrush. Nathan was still bleeding on me, and started screaming when I tried to get him dressed...

I wish I had it all on film, because I know you don't believe me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole thing sounds exhausting! I hope you got some down time while you were there 'cause I know the trip home wasn't relaxing!

Debs said...

Good to hear that you had a good if chaotic time :-)