Wednesday, October 25, 2006

King of the Castle


One of the things we did in Franklin was to visit a playground. Now, usually a playground visit isn't worth mentioning, unless things have been unusually boring and I'm trying to liven things up as much I can. But this playground was different. I wish I had taken more picture of actual construction... It was built like a castle, all in wood, with steps up to walkways and slides, and underpasses, and big pits of sand, and tunnels and dragons and all sorts of fun things. It really was amazing. I like our playground here, but this one was simply amazing.

It was so much fun, in fact, that I wished I was smaller so that I could run around and play without attracting stares from parents. You know how some people are - they don't want adults having fun around their kids. But my mother ignored them. She tried to crawl through this tire tunnel with Nick - and of course Nicholas was gone in two seconds, but it took my mother awhile to get out of there. Mary joined her, and I stood there taking pictures.

And finally, here's Nathan. Doesn't he look big? He's 9 months.

4 comments:

LARISSA said...

Wait a sec... nate is walking now?

Anonymous said...

I want that playground in my backyard. When I have a backyard. Mom, is that you? Your hair is so long! You look gorgeous! And Nathan is sure growing up tall...geez...

Love Aunt Anne-E.

Debs said...

Wow, looks great fun - I think I'd have been on it with the kids :-) And doesn't Nathan look grown up.

Anonymous said...

Okay,okay, the kids ARE cute, but the picture of your Mom & Mary is priceless!! I think it should be a family Chirstmas card or something we can send to absolutely everyone we know & even others we don't! They look as if they are having sooo much fun!!