Sunday, October 01, 2006

I was born a rambling Writer....


Gone are the days I spoke about in my February 22nd post, which you can find in my February Archives. I am talking about the "how to speak Nicholas" post, where every other word is "guk" and woe to the listener who misinterpreted...

These days Nicholas can say quite a lot. He has words like "thermometer" and "stethoscope." He surprises me every day with words I just don't think he learned from me. "Polka-dots." Sure, I may still be the only one who understands him... There is a show on TV, a Dora The Explorer shoot off, called Go, Diego, Go! But Nick gets confused and just calls the boy "Ah-go-go."

Nick speaks in sentences. He says "Boys wants to sit on Mommy," or "May I have a round cracker?" He also can follow multi step directions, such as "Go upstairs, find your shoes, and bring them downstairs to Mommy." The best part is when he speaks to his brother when he thinks no one is listening. "My truck, Nay Nay. Here, hava this toy. Look, Nay Nay! Colors! Move, my truck!"

Nathan, on the other hand... is not talking. But he is getting teeth. Upper teeth. Teeth which he insists on grinding on anything he can put his mouth on. The crib railing. The pot for the potted plant. The trash can lid at the doctor's office.

These boys... these boys they wear me out! Thank goodness it's the good kind, like running for a couple of miles and knowing it was good for you and that you rock, and not the icky kind where you stayed up all night trying to memorize your German vocabulary list, but you're so tired that all you can remember is the word of "ape" and besides you fall asleep and miss the class.

Now that I've gotten sufficiently off subject, I shall go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk-schmalk! Look at him! The kid is clearly in a trance! Probably the same trance he went into while reading the bumps on his brother's lumpy head! Why can't you people recognise?? He's a hierophant!!

Or maybe he's just practicing his Frankenstein walk for the Halloween parade. Or I could be wrong, you know.