Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pinch of This, Dash of That


Nathan isn't walking yet. But he will stand for short periods of time without falling, as long as you stand him up. He won't do it himself. He has recently developed a huge separation anxiety thing, and whenever I leave his line of sight he screams like a banchee. And sometimes he screams like a banchee if he sses me but I am not holding him. This makes it incredibly difficult to do things like, oh, make lunch, prepare a bottle of formula, or tie shoe laces.

Nicholas is a little imp. He is two. His favorite word is "NO!" But, since starting school, he has no also learned "Not Yet!" He also knows most of his colors, which amazes me.

In Tennessee, we all packed into the car to go someplace, but with two carseats in the back, there wasn't a whole lot of room. My Aunt Frances sat up front, and my mother squeezed herself in between the two baby seats. I had strapped Nathan in, and was lifting Nick into the car when he looked at my mother with this strange expression on his face. "Gramma," he said. "Get out!" Didn't this woman know her seat was in the front?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids! They may not always know their place, but the sure know yours! Smart!