Sunday, October 08, 2006

What you've been missing

The leaves have turned over the past couple of weeks. It really is fantastic. This is one of the reasons I like New Hampshire as much as I do.

I keep trying to capture this beauty with my camera, but I just can't do it. I am obviously not a photographer. The pictures do look better on the computer than on the camera, though.

This will probably be the last week for the view in our backyard. Leaves have been falling like crazy and the next windy day or rainstorm will leave the branches naked until spring.

So if you ever wonder when to visit me, think late September / early October.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the 3rd picture because the trees are lovely & the sky is sooo blue with a couple of fluffy clouds!! I'll come back now -- it's also the best time of the year for cornmeal pancakes with blueberries, a nice pot roast & a high-top apple pie!!! The only thing th epicture lacked was 2 little boys runnign wild in the yard with Gunther & Frank!

Debs said...

I love the colours of leaves in the Autumn. I envy the vastness of your garden, but think I'm too much of a city girl at heart to ever live somewhere like it for more than a few weeks at a time.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! I love fall.