Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Like Father Like Son

This is a picture of Nick eating a donut. He's actually thinking "Look at all that yummy donut on the FLOOR!"

I remember my dad getting his first home computer. It was an Apple 2E. There was no such thing as a mouse, so you had to type the name of the file in, and the computer would find it on the "floppy disk" which was about the size of my head. We were really impressed with it. There was a game called "ghost town" that would actually LET YOU TELL IT WHAT TO DO! You had to use 2 word commands, but it had a vocabulary of almost 200 words! That's a fraction of what Nick knows now. The computer could also show pictures! There was a program called "Turkey in the straw" which showed a stick figure dancing to, you guessed it, Turkey In The Straw. We were amazed. The future had arrived.

As many of you know, Nick has a thing about phones. He's been given a billion toy cell phones, many of which make irritating beeping noises, and also a few old real phones that no longer work, and also some remotes which he pretends are phones. When anyone around him speaks into a phone, Nick picks something up and pretends to speak into the phone.

The other day Nick picked up one of his toy phones and started pressing the buttons while he was looking into it. He looked up at me. "I'm checking my email," he says.

The future has arrived.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!!!! I love this age when they're so innocent and say the cutest and funniest things.

I love this picture of "where did that delicious donut go?"

And, Kathleen, I can tell you're enjoying it all (even though it's tough when they get sick and don't let you sleep). Your're a great Mom!!

LARISSA said...

What is Nick's email address?

Debs said...

I don't even know how to do that!

Anonymous said...

Please tell Nick I got his email & I thought it was the best joke I have gotten in months!!! Usually I just delete those things, but he sure has a great sense of humour!!

Anonymous said...

Can you get Nick to come over and hook up my IPod. I don't have the right watchmacallit downloaded on the thingamagig.