Friday, October 06, 2006

xormnpo[sf

This is how sad my life is: I was really, really looking forward to going out to eat at Bertucci's tonight. It was supposed to be Bertucci's because I found a gift card we still hadn't used. But since Nate was running a low fever and Nicholas was coughing as though his lungs were going to exit his body via his mouth, we've called it off.

We were also supposed to go apple picking tomorrow at Mac's Apples, and even pick our own pumpkin! What fun! But not when your kids are sick and the air is cold and the ground is wet. This is the third time this trip to Mac's has been called on account of illness.

And I'm not sick! I'm really tired, but honestly, getting out of the house, even for a little bit, would be such a grand thing! And the doctor's office doesn't count. Neither does the grocery store, or Wal-Mart. Or the drug store. I know, I know, I'm being picky.

So if I'm sounding a little down... If I'm complaining even more than usual, it's just because I've got early onset cabin fever. I'm not supposed to feel this way until at least February, when the snow and wet and cold has us trapped inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O, you poor thing! I wish I were there so I could make some pancakes for you & send you out for Dunkin' Donuts coffee, a movie & a walk in the woods. I would stay home with those little sickies & make them chicken soup & stuff tissues up their runny noses. Or you could bring them to NYC & I would take them to work with me & leave them in the "most powerful control room in the world" with the Techs who are Daddies while I went out for Dunkin' Donuts coffee!!!

Jamie said...

i'm so sorry!!!! i can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Debs said...

was the title just random letters, or is in significant in some way? I can now understand in a small way your sleepless nights with your boys - last night the 2 year old I was looking after decided to come and climb into my bed at 2 in the morning. I put him back to bed once, and he stayed there for about 10 minutes. But then he came back. I was too tired to get up, and as it was a double bed I let him stay. I can safely say that I have never shared a bed with someone so wriggly and kick-y as he was. I barely slept from them till 6.15 when i decided we might as well get up (he was asleep, I wasn't!)

Anyway, hope you're all getting better and having a chance to get out of the house.