Monday, October 02, 2006

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life


I have officially declared today the day things "get back to normal."

This means that Nick is back in school. This means that nap times shall be nap times, and TV shall only be watched at very specific times, and very specific shows, and I'm not allowed to let Nick be in our bed not sleeping while I watch episodes of HOUSE.

This also means the return of THE LIST, and by that I refer to my master list, my master planer, the one where I designate specific tasks to do each day, and then I do them. Today, for example, I shall do laundry, go to the dry cleaners, take Nick to and from school, and throw away anything I think Steve might want to keep. (Ha ha! Just kidding!)

Today I am also getting back on MY DIET, and that signals the return of MY WORKOUT. These were both amonth the first casualties of the great "Illness of Late September '06" episode. The detailed title should give you some idea of how many illness episodes there are. A lot. And sleep is always the first to go, and diet and exercise soon after. The same way that, if you stop breathing, you will then pass out and then die. Or if you throw a rock stright up, it will eventually come down and smack you in the head. Anyway, you get the picture.

This photo, by the way, is of my flower bed. The one I planted this spring. I cleared it, digging up every root and weed and rock I could find. And then I planted wild flowers. And then green things started poking out of the ground and I realized I couldn't tell the difference between a growing wildflower and a weed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever about the flowers & the list, I want to know what Nick discovered while he was running his hands over his brother's lumpy noggin!!! Why won't you tell me????