Friday, April 20, 2007

Diapers Diapers Diapers

Yesterday I went to the store and purchased $50 in diapers.

When Nick was little the only diapers I would use were the really, really expensive kind. The brand was the same brand they used in the hospital, and the stretchy legs kept his wriggly body from creating gaps and leaking at night.

Why didn't I remember the reasoning behind this?

A few months ago I realized we were spending A LOT on diapers, and I went on a mission to find Less Expensive Diaperware. And I did. Gradually I moved down the cost chain and tried brand ofter brand of diapers, and nothing seemed BAD. They all seemed to work. Until I was buying the generic brand sold only at the grocery store that I didn't use because it was $9 for 52 diapers, and HOW COULD YOU BEAT THAT?! And the diapers work fine, usually, during the day.

But at night... at night the diapers tended to leak. So did the generic pull-ups that Nick was using. I was spending less on diapers but changing sheets and doing more laundry...

Yesterday I got Nick the Diego Pull Ups he loves so much, which fit him a lot better than the generic. I got a bunch of generic diapers for Nathan, who pees twenty times a day, but I also got Night Time Diapers! Huggies, actually, but designed for night time, which means.... I don't know, but whatever it means, I bought into it. I got the bigger size, so Nick AND Nate can both use them. And last night was the first night in a week there were no leaks of any kind. No wet PJ's, no wet sheets, dry everything. Well, the diapers were wet, but they did their job.

Why do I do these things?

No comments: