Thursday, April 19, 2007

So Much for the Diet



The boys got lots of Easter candy. And I mean LOTS of Easter candy. They were given three different Easter baskets, obviously due to some mix-up at Easter Bunny Headquarters.

Anyway, there is far too much candy in this house for two small boys. And Steve is horrible at eating chocolate. I don't know WHAT his problem is, but he can just walk by it all day long and not eat any.

I've actually been very good at not eating candy from my children's baskets, with the exception of one chocolate bunny that Nathan won't miss because he has two others and a huge chocolate carrot. And I've also been good at dispensing the chocolate to the boys. I give them each a choice of candy after dinner, and break off what I think is acceptable from the gigantic chocolate sculptures.

Yesterday I broke off chocolate bunny bits and gave one to each of the boys. Then I took a third bit, which had broken off in the process, a small, not-as-big bit, and I said "And I'm going to have this little bit even though I don't need it." And I popped it in my mouth.

Nicholas took his chocolate out of his mouth just long enough to ask "Mommy has a Wobbly Bottom?"

It's funny. He got that from a book, one called "Our Granny" where the Granny has a Wobbly Bottom. So I know he didn't just make it up. And in NY, everyone was telling me how great I looked. I am running five miles a day (OK, ALMOST every day.) I am in the best shape I've been in and weigh less than I have in over Three Years. But one little comment like that and the heart ache that seeped through my tears of laughter was almost palpable.

Wobbly Bottom. That's me.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Remind me not to turn around within eye-shot of that kid.