Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Road Less Traveled



Our road is closed. The one we live on. Because of the rain.

Not because of the rain, per se, but because of the accumulation of water CAUSED by the rain. It builds up, you know, and forms puddles.

These puddles, unless they are on a flat surface, have a tendency to run downhill. And this forms what looks like small rivers flowing over streets.

Yesterday I had to use backroads to get Nick home from school. A five minute drive took me twenty minutes because I kept running into "high Water" which means "Water over two inches in the road." And even thought I was confident I could drive through it slowly and with consequeses, I did not, because I promised Steve I would be careful with the boys in our car, and not be stupid, and obey all stop signs and stop at railroad crossings and not drive through the orange cones and road blocks that have been put there for our protection, after all.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Let's go swimming!!