Monday, April 16, 2007

Raining AND Pouring



It is raining.

The brook has overflowed again, which usually happens in the spring. It hasn't reached the flood levels it did last May, but it has still passed a couple of trees and is slowly creeping toward the house.

This morning I lifted Nick up to look out the window. "See the water?" I asked. But Nick's depth perception is different than mine. His gaze stopped at the window ledge, where someone had deposited a handful of loose change, and he quickly snatched it up and has been carrying around his "Pennies" (actually three pennies, one dime, and two quarters) all morning long.

Steve is scheduled to take a lfight this morning, and according to the online system, the flight will take off as usual, with no delays. The cleaning ladies, however, did call to say they heard the road was closed, and would swing by on Friday. Since they come every other Monday, and I clean the house the Mondays they do not come, I have been consoling myself by telling myself I can skip next week, since Friday and Monday are really so close together. However, I am more concerned by the fact that my house is so dirty. The floor needs mopping. The bathrooms smell. I'm dissapointed.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Puh-leeze send the cleaning ladies to my apt. There are no road delays & everything is really really dirty...but since it is such a tiny apt, they will be finished in no time!!!