Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home Sweet Home



We're back from New York.

We left on Thursday, and the rain began the moment we pulled the car out of the driveway. We stopped for lunch, and on the way back to the car Nathan and Steve got drenched. But the drive itself was uneventful.

Friday we went to the Museum of Natural history. Later, I might even post a photo I took there, one of the two photos I took on this trip. I haven't downloaded them yet, because... there are only two photos. The boys loved the museum SO MUCH! They were overwhelmed and excited and it was so great to see.

And this morning we rushed back to beat the storm. Right now it is snowing here. As we left New York the radio kept broadcasting reminders about not crossing flood waters and avoiding downed power lines. To celebrate our safe and speedy arrivel, I am posting the picture of my tulips peeking out through the snow.

Finally, I have to say that I have never seen so many people with cell phones or headsets. Practically every person we apssed, or in lone at the coffee place, or waiting for the bus, or walking down the street, had an ipod plugged into their ears, even those walking IN GROUPS. I felt out of place on line at the coffee shop, and for a moment I found myself wondering if I was supposed to be texting my order in, because every person in front of me seemed to be texting someone, and I simply can't imagine why you would need to text anyone that badly. Who do you need to reach so badly that you can't wait until you reach work. Or for that matter, the two minutes it will take to pick up your coffee. I hate the fact that people feel they need to be in touch with someone ALL THE TIME. Take a moment. Breathe. Relax. Live a few minutes of your life away from the media and the virtual.

I'm glad to be back here in NH, away from the noise.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I miss you all! Come back; come baaaaaack!!!

Debs said...

I missed you. Glad you had a great time and are back safe.