Friday, April 06, 2007

Wiggly Tantrum



Yesterday, Nicholas cried for twenty minutes because I told him the Wiggles could not come to our house.

"They are not real. They are a band on TV. They are pretend. They just do shows. We don't know them."

I started out just talking, and I felt sorry for Nicholas, who was obviously heartbroken and delusional in thinking that The Wiggles are his close personal friends (he does pretend to call them on the phone quite often). Here I was, telling him he couldn't have his friends over.

But the other part found the request and Nick's reaction so ridiculous that I would snort in the midst of my explanations. And when they failed, and Nicholas kept sobbing, his face pressed into the sofa cushions, I just outright laughed.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, poor Mommy & poor Nicholas! Next time, Mommy, just say "Yes! Yes! Of course the Wiggles can come over. Call them on your phone. (No, Mommy's phone won’t work because it doesn't call TV people.) Tell them we will have a cereal & milk party (or something else the boys like)." And then pretend they are there -- maybe put in a video. If he keeps insisting tell him to keep calling them on his phone. Hey, it might work!