Monday, April 23, 2007

Mistake #579



At school, back when I had a class of two-year-olds and also in Nicks class, a sand or water table is sometmes filled with rice to give the kids something different to play with, especially since textures are considered important at this age.

Being the crazy mother I am, and also having rice that made the move with us from our old house, I thought I might make out own little rice table here at home. See how I filled the tray with rice? See how I put down a mat so I could easily clean up spillage? Am I not so thoughtful?

Well, that worked nly as long as I was sitting there with them. Then the phone rang, and in the three minutes I had my back turned the boys sprinkled rice all over the kitchen floor AND the dining room floor. It took me twenty minutes to clean up, even with the vaccum, all the while shouting at the boys to stay put in the living room because they kept running back and forth spreading the rice back to areas I had just vaccumed.

My Aunt Frances is very sick in the hospital right now. Please send her your thoughts.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hmm, rice table...I don't think I ever had a rice table when I was little. Perhaps it might explain my deep deep deep psychological problems today. Would it work as well with beans or lentils? Not that I ever had those either!

Aunt Frances, feel better soon!