Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Mile In His Shoes



It should come as no great surprise that every person is different. Each person thinks differently. And when reading or hearing a story, each person is bound to imagine it a bit differently. I supposed this is why I am usually dissapointed in movies after I have read the book, since my take on it would be... well... different.

The other day we were listening to The Wiggles (as usual) when the song about Uncle Noah's Ark came on. And I realized that Nicholas hadn't heard the story of Noah's ark. All religious reasoning aside, I think it is important to be somewhat familiar with the bible - both testaments - in order to keep up with our culture and the references made. History, Art, Wiggles songs, you name it.

In any case, I started telling Nicholas the story of Noah's Ark. He stood there with wide eyes as I described the Ark, a big, big, huge boat. And then I started talking about the animals and listing them off. "He had to get two lions, and two tigers, and two giraffes, and two elephants, adn two mice, and two rabbits, adn two ducks, and two horses, and two cows -"

And that was when Nick interrupted me. "Me don't like cows."

Yes, to many Noah ensured the survival of man and of all those animal species. But to Nicholas, he's just the guy who plagued us with cows.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Why doesn't he like cows? Is he Hindu? No, that's not right -- they love cows. Who doesn't like cows? Okay, back to the original question: Why doesn't he like cows?