Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Monday



No Clive Barker film, no Stephen King novel, can even come close to the horror that is two small children after a day with too much excitement, an entire bag of peanut m&m's, and no nap. Last night I couldn't get NIck to go to bed. I sat there, jaw on the floor, as he pleasded with me to take his third trip to the potty, or, if that wouldn't work, please please please let me give him a Time Out! In the chair! Anywhere, Anything, was better than the bed.

But they both woke up this morning with sunny smiles, before the sun, I might add. And yesterday's Easter was lovely. We had a huge egg hunt (which is basically pointing out eggs "hidden" on the sofa cushion, adn then cringing when it is dropped 5 times onto the floor.) Then we had a wonderful time with Steve's family, which was great. I had a good time.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

There are Easter "bags" at your mother's in the dining room on the sideboard. I'm sure that after a week they could use some chocolate to rev them up all over again! Come & get it!!! I can't wait to see you all!