Friday, September 26, 2008

Digital Pics

I still take pictures as though I had a film camera. Which is to say that I don't take very many pictures. I take a couple of shots, then I put the camera away. A lot of the pictures I take are either not very good or... well, I never take out the camera.
Steve, on the other hand, is fully aware of the miracles of digital cameras. He starts taking pictures and then keeps going, hoping for that perfect shot. Which means that we end up with 10 pictures of the same giraffe, and 10 more of what is, apparently, a tree. (No, I wasn't talking about THIS tree. This tree is a special tree. I was talking about a real tree.)
This was just something I noticed on vacation. I think I should be less conservative with my picture taking, but mostly I should remember to pull the camera out more often.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Questions, questions, questions: Is that Steve's bog ole head in front of the Castle? You said food was expensive, but why is Andy eating a worm?? And where are we on the Tree of Life, Mommy???

JM said...

I find that Mike and I have the same divide re: lots of pictures or a few pictures. I think it's all well and good to embrace the digital nature and take a million--but then you have to be willing to go through and purge the ones that aren't great. Cuz otherwise, you have 10 shots of a giraffe where 1 would have been more than enough. But that's easier said than done...