Sunday, September 07, 2008

I need a case for my basket

I am a hormonal basket case.

I know people tend to use this term loosely, especially me. I blame practically every mood, argument, and accident on hormones. But this time, I know it to be true. Not only because I have been a little down in the dumps. Not just because I find myself gritting my teeth while I'm trying to get Nathan into his clothes, or out of them, or to do anything (this deserves it's own post, so check in tomorrow.) No, I know I am a victim of hormones because I have been breaking out like a teenager. Specifically, my face has decided to act the way it did when I was in middle school.

If you met me in college, or after college, you might be surprised. Because when my skin cleared up, it cleared up. I was very lucky that way. But some of you knew me in middle school. If you are one of those people then you know that I had a LOT of zits. For years. I was very embarrassed and tried a number of things to get rid of them, and also to hide them - make up, combing my hair in front of my face... Until... well, I don't know. It all cleared up my senior year, I think.

But now... well, I'm back to having pimples all over. I haven't changed any of my habits to cause it. I have no idea what's going on. And I'm very cross about it.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, Fleen,I'm sorry you're going through this. It's hormones & stress! Make an appintment to see your doctor/dermatologist. They'll know exactly what to do!

Jamie said...

A big ole spider bit me in my sleep when I was visiting Mae Sai and now I have these rashes on both of my arms. I think I'll also be visiting a doctor and/or dermatologist. no worries fleen!

Anonymous said...

You went to a dermatologist when you were a teen-ager and he gave you an antibiotic that cleared up your skin. Sorry, but I forget which one it was. But we went at the suggestion of Dr. Snyder, I'm sure there are drugs equally beneficial now. So, please, do go.