Saturday, September 20, 2008

Packing Up

I've gone on quite a few trips with the boys, ranging from a few nights to a couple of weeks. But this vacation to Disney is the first where we won't have access to a washer.

It wouldn't matter, if we were all grown ups. You figure you're gone for five days, pack five outfits, right? But wrong. Because the boys are not grown ups. There have been times I've packed what I thought was an appropriate number of clothes, and only half of them got worn. There have also been times I've packed what I thought was more than enough and had to do laundry within 48 hours.

And there is only so much room. I can't shove everything into a suitcase. I also have to pack toys, books, sunscreen... favorite stuffed animals to sleep with, bathing suits, camera... it gets very full and very heavy very quickly. A week's worth of stuff is a lot to begin with.

The thing is, I don't know if I'm packing too much or too little. I guess by the time you are reading this, I will know, because I'm pre-publishing a week's worth of posts. This one is scheduled to publish the day I get back!

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

What?! I'm sooo confused -- we've been reading posts while you've been away!!! How sneaky of you! but how very smart!! Does this mean tomorrow we will get stories of Disney World?????? And pictures????? I cannot wait!

O, PS -- that picture of Nick is GREAT!!!

Jules said...

I can't wait for pics and stories of Disney!! I hope you had a fabulous time!!!!!