Thursday, September 04, 2008

She's So Bad

I am NOT a political person. I usually avoid political banter at all cost and I don't think I have ever made political commentary on this site. It's not what it's about, and I recognize the fact that my readers (all four of you) hold different political views, and have the right to. Personally, I find politics confusing and boring, and kind of like a game of "Responsibility Hot Potato" where they take all of it if it's a good thing and none of it if it's a bad thing, and it's hard to tell who did what because our system is practically built on red tape. I usually find that one politician is much like another, which is why I marginally supported Obama over McCain in the elections, and mostly because McCain seemed closer to what we already have.

Then McCain chose a running mate.

At first I thought it was a joke. It had to be a joke. I simply couldn't take it seriously and joked about it because not only did I think Sarah Palin was a poor choice, but she seemed to keep getting poorer and poorer by the day. By the HOUR. And I smiled and shook my head and wondered why McCain was throwing the election.

But at the playground today I overheard some women talking and I realized... those crazy screaming people on TV? They aren't being sarcastic. They are simply deluded. And McCain and Palin? They might actually run this country.

I am not sure why I hate Palin so much. It's not that she's a woman - I like women. I am one. I disliked Clinton, wouldn't have voted for her, but Clinton simply left me with the feeling that she was lying to me, and not the "Run Away!" feeling I get from Palin. And I know I stay at home but I feel that is a choice I was lucky enough to have, not an obligation, so the fact that she has an infant at home, one that requires special care, that's not it either. Not even knowing that no one with a Toddler can be 100% sane. I can't even say for sure that it's becasue I disagree with her on every single issue, even though I probably do, because I haven't been able to watch her for longer than two seconds without being overcome with nausea and panic. All the quotes I have read are either bashing Obama for bashing her, or explaining that she's super excited her seventeen-year-old is going to be a mom. I seriously wonder how the seventeen-year-old feels. Did she want to have the kid? Keep the kid? Get married? I don't suppose any of the politcians care. After all, she's not old enough to vote.

I just couldn't understand why someone in their right mind would think Sarah Palin would be a good choice to run our country. Because as the VP, that would be a major job function: running our country if the president can't, i.e. in a time of crisis. And I can't fully explain it, but I feel like I'm in that movie, all trying to warm people "Soylent Green is PEOPLE!" and "The Pod People are taking over! They're everywhere!" I'm terrified, because I've just realized that there is an actual possibility that enough people will get brainwashed into voting for McCain and Palin, and when that happens Palin's head and her pink suit will crack open, and her true Evil Spider self will crawl out, her huge red eyes flashing, and she will eat McCain, and then she will laugh maniacally, and move on to destroy the rest of this country, and while she's at it, the Earth.

6 comments:

mbean said...

I couldn't have said it better if you were reading my thoughts. underneath that prissy, saccharine exterior lies a spidermonster waiting to break free. I can't STAND her.

I know that panic feeling. total panic.

Jamie said...

Touché. Don't get me started or I'll have an aneurism. BTW, your readership is wider than you think.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Fleen, I don't think I have ever been more proud of you.

Anonymous said...

But ya gotta admit she's the most interesting thing that's happened in this election. I say "you go girl." Being vice president is nothing and as for being president? How hard can it be? George Bush was/is president. This too will pass.

Jean C said...

So well said, Kathleen. Lovely to look at.....heh heh heh...terrified....yes I am too.

Anne-E. said...

I say "please don't go, girl." Please stay out of my body, out of my love-life, out of my family, out of the ANWR, out of Iraq, and for God's sake, out of the WHITE HOUSE! You are so right about her pregnant daughter. No bible-thumping Republican would bother to ask how she feels. They are more concerned with protecting the sacred lives of fetuses. They are far too preoccupied with sending their sons to have their limbs blown away in some idiotic war (in the name of "heroism" and "freedom" and "god") to bother with honoring the choices of an under-voting age teenage girl. Life and Freedom are so important to Pro-Lifers!
Aunt Guess Who?