Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How Things Go

Just in case I haven't mentioned it, we are taking a trip to Disney World in the near future. One might say I am excited.

So it should come to no surprise that with our departure date fast approaching, Andrew has come down with a cold. Not just ANY cold, but a cold with a rash. A speckely rash, which the doctor assured me was normal, and would go away in a few days.

And in a perfect world, a world where luggage showed up on the conveyor belt and flights took off when they were supposed to and landed where they were supposed to, this cold would be a non issue. It would infect Andy for a few days, then fade away until, one day, we noticed there was no longer a steady stream of snot running from his nose.

But we live in THIS world, the Anti-Traveling World, where, when one kid gets sick, he stays sick for TWO WEEKS, and then his BROTHERS get sick, and they get HIGH FEVERS and maybe even THROW UP for NO REASON. And all this might happen ON THE PLANE because I WILL NOT let this illness interfere with my vacation. The boys might be feverish zombies, but they will be dragged around the Magic Kingdom regardless.

The worst part about all this is that I am very tired. Andy is probably tired, too. But he can try to sleep whenever he wants, and no one expects him to shop or make dinner. So being up half the night doesn't seem to get to him the way it does me, Little Miss Snappy.

PS - Steve woke up with the kids this morning, by himself, with no prompting from me, just so I could have a little extra time. I cannot tell you how great this was. But I am also still snappy.

5 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yee-ha, Lil Ms Snappy! You go, girl! Don't worry 'bout them germs. Take them along to the Magic Kingdom. Micke will know how to scare them right out of the kids!

Anonymous said...

No matter what you will have a fabulous time! And remember to have lunch at the Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom! You can probably go there without reservations. And dinner at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge was fabulous. No characters, but really really yummy food!!! ~Jules

Jamie said...

Why don't you give us the baby while you go to Disney World?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hee hee hee, yeah, that's right, give us the baby! Give US the baby! Jamie can take him during the day & I will take him to work with me on the overnights! That's almost as much fun as Disney World.

Anonymous said...

This could be the cover to a Sopranos season box set!