Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Disney Rides Again!

I like the rides the best. But there are so many I couldn't possibly go into detail about each one. So here are my thoughts, park by park. In Alphabetical Order. Just because.

Animal Kingdom: My least favorite of all the parks. Why? Well, it's a fun place, but it's really kind of a glorified zoo. Oh, the safari was fun, and we saw tons of animals on the trails, too. We saw gorillas up close. And Steve loves zoos and animals. But there weren't very many RIDES, and the kids got restless. We skipped the water ride (Nate was too small), but Steve DID go on EVEREST, a roller coaster the boys were too small for, and he said it was really cool!

Epcot: I think Future World looks dated. Soarin was really cool! We were told the line for that could get up to 120 minutes, but it was 10 when we showed up. We didn't get to do Test Track (too loud and we're too small). But we did see Nemo (not Crush - the timing didn't work out).


Hollywood Studios: This park is more about going to watch shows, and we weren't much into doing that. But we DID see Playhouse Disney Live Onstage! Waiting in line they played theme songs from about 109 kids TV shows... and I KNEW ALL THE WORDS. We also went on TOY MANIA in 4D, which is combination 3D movie/ video game/ ride, and was VERY cool! This park also had the Star Tours ride, which Steve and Nick said were cool (I stayed with Nate'n Andy), And of course I took Nick on Tower Of Terror, and I am SO SORRY! I made a mistake. I liked the ride, loved the ride, but of course he was scared. I would have liked to go on the Aerosmith roller coaster, but it was hot and late and the kids couldn't go, so I spared us. It's on my list for next time.



Magic Kingdom: My favorite. Always. This park has the most rides and is the most fun for me. Most of them are old standbys - the Haunted Mansion, Small World (which is Nick's favorite and we went on three times). Steve took Nick on Splash Mountain. There were a few new rides - Buzz Lightyear, which is fun, and Winnie The Pooh... well... I like Winnie The Pooh... and the ride isn't bad. It's just... for very young children. Like, Andy. Who was actually asleep during that entire ride. I took Nick'n Nate on the Astro Orbiter, which is like Dumbo, but way, way up high. The lines were not long at all, which surprised and delighted me. We walked right onto the boat at Small World and right onto the Teacups. We skipped the showy rides, where the boys would have to sit and be still. But we DID manage to see Mickey's Philharmagic, a 3D show I had never seen, and LOVED. I didn't know 3D could work so well. Nate and Nick were actually reaching out to touch some of the 3D items!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

So many rides, so little time. O, bother! You will just have to go again!!!!!

Jean C said...

The boys look soooooooo happy and, of course, cute as can be. It sounds and looks like you all had a great time. How wonderful!!!