Saturday, January 10, 2009

Frustrating Frustration

I had the bright idea to paint a few rooms in my house.

I had it all broken up. I was going to do one room a month, reasoning that it usually takes me about a week to do a room, and giving me breaks in between.

Steve urged me to take my time, and to "splurge" on supplies such as tape and drop cloths and paint edgers, probably because each of my painting jobs leaves us with at least one brightly colored splotch on a rug, drip on a baseboard, or an odd colored blob on the ceiling. And I admit, I usually get bored with this part and try to dive right into the painting part.

So when I started Andy's room, I started it right. I filled the holes in his walls so that, when painted, the walls would be smooth and I could then hang pictures where I wanted and not just to cover up the holes already there.

And that's when I got stuck. Today I set up the play yard for Andy in the boys' room. I started covering up the rug and the furniture too big to leave the room. But I didn't even get to finish that. Because the boys were making such a fuss, Andy screaming for, apparently, no reason at all, and Nick and Nate fighting over who got to use the big white blanket.

And I got a little upset. In my mind I was thinking a week, but now I'm thinking I'm going to be lucky to finish this project by the end of the month. I was planning on doing the prep work - the taping, etc, while the boys were awake. But I'm going to have to do it all while everyone is sleeping. Shoot.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Do you live in Alaska? Alaska, Juneau, The Last Frontier!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha -- Ha-Ha-Nu-Nu! Hee hee hee!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Poop! I posted in the wrong entry...I meant to post tat last one in the HonoNuNu map post. I am a nidiot!! A nidiot, I say!!!