Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Terrble, Horrible, etc.

This morning Andy woke up at 5am crying. Since I'm painting his room - a four day project in it's fifth day and only halfway done - I've put him in his play yard in the big kid's room. So of course Nick and Nate woke right up. I got up. I rocked Andy, who was quiet but staring at me, eyes wide open. Nick and Nate decided to help me put him back to sleep by singing "quietly."

Today was a gym day, and it was there that I noticed stuff leaking out of Andy's ear. So as soon as we got home - after putting a sleeping Andy on the floor - I called the pediatrician. I fed the boys lunch, put on a video,told Steve he was on duty, and plonked Andy back in the car, where he woke up. Turns out both ears were infected. And I thought he was just cracky because he was teething.

I dropped off the perscription, drove home, and put the other boys in the car to make it to Nick's Eye Doctor appointment. Both Andy and Nate fell asleep on the way there. Nick did very well during the exam, unless you count the screaming he did when the nurse had to put drops in his eyes - we both had to hold him and she had to pry his eye lids back. But his vision is pretty much perfect. Which means we're back to square one for the headaches.

Steve had to leave for a business meeting, which meant that I got the kids all to myself all afternoon. I was so tired I let them watch too much TV while I made Wall-E cupcakes for Nate's school class birthday tomorrow. And dinner. While Andy cried and clung to my knees and fell to the floor whenever I had to turn in any direction.

I am so tired.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

woman, you need a raise.

love,
meg*

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hmm, I'm beginning to get a clear picture of why Victorian mothers turned to gin...for themselves & their broods.