Sunday, January 11, 2009

Honanunu Now

The boys got this talking map-puzzle of the US. When you put in a state, the puzzle tells you the name of the state, the state nickname, and the state capital. "Tennessee! The Volunteer State! State capital: Nashville!"

No matter how much I try to convince them otherwise, they boys insist that that capital of Hawaii is pronounced "Hona NU NU"

Wednesday night we had a lot of snow, but I went to choir rehearsal anyway. It had been put off because of the holidays and before that for the informal Christmas Eve choir. I missed it. Thursday we had a freezing rain all day. Friday the snow I didn't shovel in front of my garage door was a two foot tall block of ice. Sunday it snowed a foot, and the driveway was so slippery Steve couldn't get up it in the plow. Of course not only was choir canceled, but church school and also church. So I guess it didn't matter. But I woke up depressed after a night of getting up with Andy every thirty minutes - ear infection, I think. And I was just so frustrated and sad all I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head - not get up and listen to the boys fight and ""New Jersey! The Garden State!"

Steve was shoveling snow on his knees, and finally called Lillian to ask her to bring us ice melt. Then he realized there had been an accident on the highway involving 50 cars and the highway had been closed for hours. Lucky for us she made it here wihout incident. After she left I want out and tried to finish up, but honestly all I think I did was push slush from one end of the driveway to the other with the shovel.

I would like to move to Honanunu now.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh, what a pain. Only a couple months left of winter- hang in there!!

Jules said...

Fleen! sorry the winter blues are getting you down. We need to have an Imbolc gathering to warm us up and anticipate the return of light!!