Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting Over It

Today was one of those days when it felt like the boys were actively working against me. Seriously, they want to break me and see me loose it. Off to the loony bin with me. The sad part it, I might see it as a kind of break.
It's one thing when they fight, or when they don't listen, but when I'm letting them play and my goal is to clean up a room - one room - and I keep finding objects that belong in that room all over the house - in the bathroom, the hallway, under the kitchen table - I can't help but wonder if they know how crazy they are making me. Especially when I get back to that room and find my entire CD collection spread out on the floor.

They have no clue, of course. Andy just loves getting into the drawer where I keep the boys toothpaste and sucking it out of the tube, and he can't help his instinct to put poisonous things into his mouth. And Nick and Nate try to help, it's just that they don't completely grasp what my goal is... or what a "goal" is in general. And with three of them at once, it can be disheartening.

But now I have popcorn. I'm over it.


.

1 comment:

Debs said...

but how could anything that cute cause that much trouble? ;)